Best Flushable Cat Litter Box Reviews
Cats are lovely creatures, but unfortunately, they can make quite a sticky, foul smelling mess when they are relieving themselves. An entire industry is nowadays dedicated to creating more and more advanced types of litter, to reduce smell and increase cleanliness in houses where cats reign as preferred pets. Another great option for cat owners who want to maintain their pets’ litter boxes clean and odor free, is represented by flushable cat litter boxes. Reading more about the best cat litter and boxes is highly recommended for achieving this goal, and it can save you plenty of time and money when shopping for cat related products.
What to look for when buying a flushable cat litter box?
Will your cat like it?
Flushable cat litter boxes are a bit different than traditional boxes, so you need to know that your cat will dare stepping in it to see about its business. Remember that your cat will most likely need some time to adjust to the novelty, and that some persuading work may be needed. However, you should know that most cats adapt very well to automatic cat litter boxes. Since they are big fans of cleanliness, they will surely appreciate having a place that is always clean and nice smelling to return to each time they need to relieve themselves. In case your cat is really the picky type, you should consider getting a flushable box that looks as close to traditional models as possible, and it is also very minimalistic. You may just discover that your cat will get quite attached to the new litter box. These boxes are also ideal in houses with more than one cat.
Since flushable litter boxes are automatic, cat owners may fear that their cats may be in danger when using such a device. They can rest at ease, since these litter boxes are specially designed to avoid any accidents from happening. Nonetheless, it is a very good idea to check the information offered by the manufacturer and even contact them if you notice the box not working as intended. The bottom line is that these litter boxes are safe to use and you do not have to worry about your little furry friend getting injured when using them.
Flushable litter boxes are not very noisy, but they do make some level of noise. If you are really the type of person who can wake up in the middle of the night from the faintest sound, you may not appreciate having such a device inside your home. However, there are measures that can be taken, like placing the litter box in an area that is far enough from your bedroom, or shop around for a model that is less noisy than the rest. It would be quite a shame to give up on the convenience offered by a flushable litter box for your cat just because of this.
This automatic cat litter box is highly capable of flushing away all the solid waste and it does a great job cleaning itself.
In case your cat prefers to dig into the litter and cover the waste, the CatGenie box is exactly what it needs, because it works with washable litter.
It can accommodate up to three cats of average size, so it works just fine for houses with multiple pets.
The model comes with a two year warranty.
A recyclable SaniSolution cartridge and one box of Washable Granules are included with the package.
There is hardly anything not to like about this flushable cat litter box, but, like any other product, the CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box has a few flaws of its own. The only one that we found worth mentioning is that the raking mechanism sometimes can cause some of the granules scatter on the floor. Some sweeping may be required from time to time, as a result.
- The best thing about the CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box is that it does not only flush away any solid waste dumped by your cats, but it also cleans itself. This means that you will never have to clean your cat’s box again. For its convenience, this particular litter box ranks high in all cat owners’ preferences.
- If you are wondering what is the best flushable cat litter that will work for your box, you should know that this specific model works with Washable Granules. This means that you will never have to deal with sticky clay litter that is not so easy to wash. The litter box will do all the work itself and you will not have to lift a finger to maintain your cat’s litter box completely clean.
- One thing that cat owners often look for in an automatic litter box is the capability to accommodate more than just one cat. Actually, this type of litter box is ideal for houses with multiple cats, because none of them will mind using a clean toilet, free of the odor left by other cats. The CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box is a big hit among owners of two or three cats for this reason.
- Because you most definitely need a litter box that will not break easily, it is good to know that this model comes with a two year warranty, so your cats will get to use it a lot of time.
- Great extras are always welcome, and the SaniSolution cartridge and Washable Granules included with your purchase are nice to have. Because this cat litter box only works with this type of litter, it is advisable to only buy this brand.
A lot of good things can be said about the CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box. For its convenience and superior performance, it is a great choice for both cats and their owners who will appreciate not having to wash after their pets all the time or touch the waste that can carry germs and bacteria.