DeWalt DW618PK Review
Select the Best Plunge Router from DeWalt
The many DeWALT DW618PK reviews say that the power tool has a 12-amp, 2.25-Horsepower motor that enables the unit to work on the toughest hardwoods.
The fixed base of this best plunge router from DeWALT is outfitted with an adjustable five-position turret stop aside from a micro-fine depth-adjustment ring.
The DEWALT DW618PK model comes with the necessary plunge router accessories to enable out-of-the-box functionality.
Offering reliable base durability and optimum bit visibility is the clear, LEXAN sub-base.
The unit provides comfortable operation with unique integrated dust control.
One user commented about the power switch being too small and difficult to switch off especially in an emergency, but that’s all a matter of preference.
The motor has to be removed and placed on the fixed base before the unit is stored in the hard case for more efficient storage.
Except for the base plate mounting holds, the DEWALT DW618PK Plunge Router Kit comes with no other mounting options.
- This is the best plunge router kit from market leader DeWALT due to the 2 1/4-horsepower, 12-amp motor that employs full electronic feedback so the unit gives you reliably consistent speed under load. The motor has soft start features that reduce start-up torque to enable jerk-free control at the onset. The electronic variable-speed trigger lets you choose from 8,000 to 24,000 RPMs for your specific woodworking needs. Routing is easy due to the smart design features.
- The fixed base of the router has an adjustable five-position turret stop that can be utilized to make repeated plunge cuts. The plunge-release lever is within easy reach, which, together with the switch, helps you maintain control while routing. The micro-fine depth adjustment ring on the fixed base offers precise bit modifications in 1/64-inch increments. The ring, not the motor, turns to modify bit depth.
- The DEWALT DW618PK Plunge Router Kit ships with everything you need to get started right away on your woodworking/ sign-making job. It offers versatile set up with the supplied 0.25- and 0.50-inch collets,sub-base concentricity gauge, wrench, both a plunge base and a fixed base for greater versatility, a vacuum adapter for problem free clean ups, a large hole sub base, and a kit box. You’ll have everything you need to get started right away.
- The innovative LEXAN base is designed to be clear for problem-free bit visibility. The LEXAN base accommodates standard temple-guide bushings to make application-specific set ups easy to perform. The sub-base concentricity gauge can be inserted into the collet before the unit is installed, so the sub-base is easy to center according to the location of the bit when making a cut line off the side of the base.
- The comfortable handle enables accurate routing thanks to its rubber over-molded design. Enjoy improved control and balance with the low center of gravity, which also provides reduced operator fatigue. The unique through-the-column dust collection system enables attachment of the unit without blocking the operator’s sight.
With a detachable cord set that can be easily serviced, a three-year limited warranty that ensures premium parts and craftsmanship, easy base and bit changes, heavy-duty metal housings, case-hardened steel guide rods on the base, and precision-matched brass bushings, the DEWALT DW618PK Plunge Router Kit offers a genuine solution in the woodworking shop.
Buy from Amazon.com for ($179)