Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Emergency Radio Review
Most Reliable Shortwave Radio from Kaito
Available in black, green and silver, this model is the best shortwave radio from Kaito due to its impressive use of Radio Data System or RDS.
The radio is effective for both everyday use and emergency preparedness applications.
The Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 digital emergency radio uses multiple charging methods.
The radio is lightweight yet feature-packed.
The unit offers connectivity to external audio devices.
According to one of the Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 digital emergency radio reviews, this model doesn’t pull in Single Side Band type transmissions from ham radio operators, but shines in all its features.
- Riding on the state-of-the-art Radio Data System (RDS), the Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 is connected to the Emergency Alert System via the National Weather Radio network of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA). The exceptional RDS enables embedding of digital information in regular FM radio broadcasts. The information includes program elements, time and station identification. The system automatically activates the radio when it’s on ALERT mode to inform the user of any potential hazardous weather conditions or warnings, which can include public safety, natural and environmental events.
- As the latest and most advanced model from the Voyager line of Kaito radios, the KA600 is geared for everyday use and is also perfect to have for emergency preparedness applications. The radio’s versatile functions and revolutionary design make it a great bedside radio and also an essential device to help you deal with emergency preparedness issues. Take the Voyager along when travelling, backpacking, camping or enjoying outdoor adventures for reliable emergency preparedness.
- Providing you options on how to power it up, the Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 ensures smooth operation no matter what the situation and setting may be. Use three Double-A batteries, an optional AC/DC adapter, hand cranking, computer charging, the integrated rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery that charges via an AC adapter, or the most sustainable energy source of all, solar. The radio has an impressive patented adjustable flip-up 180-degree solar panel that harnesses power from the sun to run the unit even without a battery installed.
- Superbly lightweight at just 1 pound, the Kaito Voyager KA600 has four tuning methods: direct digit entry; ATS; memory tuning via the onboard 335 memories, which enables easy access to the stations you select; manual. The radio features a calendar, an alarm clock with dual settings, a temperature and humidity meter, a sleep timer and a 5-LED reading lamp, which all contribute to versatile use. This model is also the top shortwave radio with flashlight. The side-mounted flashlight is more than adequate for camping and emergency lighting. Thanks to the relatively low power consumption of the flashlight feature, the life of the batteries is conserved for more demanding purposes.
- The well-made radio has an auxiliary input jack to accommodate external audio devices, so you can connect a headphone or speakers easily.
Boasting multiple power sources, the Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 makes the perfect companion for emergency preparedness situations as well as everyday use. Solid and durable, the radio delivers AM/FM/LW Shortwave and NOAA weather reception, for all-hazards alert along with Radio Data System. This is more than just your typical radio, as it offers multiple uses.
Click here to buy from Amazon.com!