Porter-Cable 7518 Speedmatic Review
Select the Best Porter-Cable Plunge Router
The Porter-Cable 7518 is the best woodworking router thanks to its five speeds between 10,000 and 21,000 rpm.
You can save time and effort thanks to the soft-start motor plus the auto-release collet system.
The Porter-Cable 7518 boasts advanced features that ensure stability and durability.
The power tool ships with the necessary wood router accessories to offer you out-of-the-box functionality.
The machine is backed by a five-year warranty.
At least two of the Porter-Cable 7518 Speedmatic reviews say it can be difficult to modify the depth adjustment once the tool is setup on the table.
You can’t remove the motor from the base without unscrewing it.
One user says the switch tends to clog with lots of use.
- Offering you five speeds ranging from 10,000 to 21,000 rpm, the Porter-Cable 7518 Five-Speed Production Router lets you handle a variety of tasks effortlessly. You have a choice from 10,000, 13,000, 16,000, 19,000 and 21,000 rpm, so you have the exact power needed to tackle a variety of routing jobs easily. Deal with big bits or make heavy cuts while saving effort and time when you use this awesome machine that improves your productivity level.
- Enjoy smooth performance from the onset thanks to the soft-start feature that ensures jerk-free startups with reduced torque. The motor is capable of maintaining constant speed under load. The auto-release collet system enables effortless removal with use, saving you time as well.
- The machine’s exceptional feature set is complemented by its extreme durability. The innovative sealed ball-bearing design keeps the vital components inside dust-free to ensure longer life. The precision-tooled aluminum motor housing and base can withstand the rough-and-tough environment of the jobsite. The integrated cast handles offer stability while the machine is running, which ensures improved precision and prevents wear and tear of the machine.
- The Porter-Cable 7518 Five-Speed Production Router comes to you with a set of accessories to enable you to use it right out of the package. It comes with the five-speed router, the motor, the fixed base, a collet wrench, a ½-inch collet and an operating manual. This means you can get started right away on your do-it-yourself or woodworking task without having to rush to your power tool dealer for additional accessories. You can also purchase other components to ensure that you can optimize the Porter-Cable 7518 Five-Speed Production Router for a variety of tasks in the shop, varying from the simplest to the most complex.
- This 11- by 7- by 11- inch machine weighs 14.5 pounds, which means easy handling for you. It also ships with a five-year warranty to ensure you’re getting no less than the best router from Porter-Cable built with robust parts and quality craftsmanship.
If you’d like to hone your DIY skills, or are just learning how to do woodworking, the Porter-Cable 7518 Five-Speed Production Router is the tool to get. It comes with a collection of router accessories to get you started. The lightweight yet robust construction assures you of reliable durability and long-term use.