Sony ICF-SW7600GR Shortwave World Band Receiver Review
Highest Rated Shortwave Radio from Sony
Finally, you have the best shortwave radio from Sony that lets you enjoy programming around the globe.
You can skim through the narrow AM band with minimal interference.
Know the time anywhere in the world with the integrated dual world time clocks.
The Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band Receiver is great for personal use.
The radio offers convenient features including direct access tuning and station memory presets.
One of the Sony ICF-SW7600GR shortwave world band receiver reviews says the device doesn’t ship with an AC adaptor, but there are always inexpensive adaptors on the market.
- The Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band Receiver enables you to enjoy programming from all over the world. You can listen to what the airwaves in other countries have in store for listeners in those locations. The Sony ICF-SW7600GR offers precise pick up of frequencies with stereo FM capability over a wide variety from MW (AM) and LW to FM and SW. Capture distant stations from way beyond easily with this powerful device.
- The integrated ferrite bar antenna in the package helps pull in AM and LW frequencies effortlessly. The telescoping antenna is perfect for SW and FM. Those components provide you with a variety of frequency options for 24-hour listening when you want. The Single Side Band (SSB) Reception with 1kHz Step Tuning provides fine tuning along with optimum multi-mode reception on the narrow AM Band while ensuring minimal interference. This lets you enjoy great overall sound. Tune at 1 kHz intervals using the fine 1-kHz step tuning. Fading, distortion and annoying frequency interference from nearby stations are prevented thanks to the onboard synchronous detection circuitry. Drift is also reduced due to the PLL Quartz Frequency Synthesized Tuning.
- The integrated dual world time clocks allow you to know instantly what the current time is at various locations around the globe along with where you are. The LCD display offers easy viewing of the digital frequency read-out information of your selected stations, as well. Have all this information within easy reach every time via this shortwave radio with digital display. The radio’s dual standby function enables you to set the alarm for different wake-up times. You can also wake to two different radio stations.
- The built-in hold button lets you retain the preset station settings on the radio and prevent accidental changes, so you can listen to the frequencies you want when you want. The radio lets you store up to 100 of your favorite stations, for convenient tuning every time. The radio has a built-in 3.5 mm headphone jack that lets you enjoy private listening plus enhanced sound clarity even when the environment is not conducive to it.
- The 10-key direct access tuning lets you pick up those distant stations directly. Thanks to the radio’s Auto-Scanning Tuning and Memory Scan, the user can get professional-grade microprocessor-controlled tuning functionality. You can scan all the 100 memory presets one at a time and listen for a few moments, and then choose to remain at that specific station or keep on scanning.
Offering Direct Access Tuning to pull in even faraway radio frequencies, the Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band Receiver lets you enjoy versatile listening every time. With 100 memory presets, you can tune in to your favorite stations easily and more quickly than having to do manual scanning. Interference and drift are effectively prevented even on the narrow AM band. Know what time it is anywhere on the planet via the dual world time clocks.
Buy from Amazon.com for ($159.99)